3/22/2011

Tactics for developing content


I need marketing content and messaging. Where do I find it? What is the cost, how do I define my quality requirements, who can write, where do I recruit writers, can I seek them out internally, who can write for me outside the organization? Can I use a consultant or agency?

What do other marketers do?

On my pursuit of answering all these questions, I found that Marketing Sherpa had asked nearly 1 000 B2B marketers what was their most effective tactics helping them to develop marketing content and messaging.

Their top 5 was:
1. Repurposing and reformatting existing content from press releases, blog posts and white papers
2. Encourage customers to submit testimonials and case studies
3. Recruit internal authors from other departments
4. Outsource – use agency or freelancer with in depth knowledge and understanding of the brand
5. Use social media to encourage brand advocates to produce content

Good to know! This has become my most important source list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hva syns og mener du?